Bristol City Council use Wards of Bristol as their official Signage Supplier. Read our case study to find out more about what we have done for the Local Authority.
Wards Signs of Bristol have had a recent surge in the production of traditional blue plaques. These historical cast aluminium heritage plaques painted in the familiar blue with white writing are easily recognised and are increasingly found on homes, buildings bridges and many other places where historical figures have lived, visited or were born.
Some recent examples of these are as follows…
- Winnie the Pooh, World famous teddy bear was ‘born’ in the soft toy factory of J. K. Farnell & Co Ltd adjacent to ‘The Elms’, Acton in 1921. Ealing Civic Society, Ealing Council, Twyford C of E High School.
- Elsie Griffin, 1895-1989 International opera singer, Principal soprano with D’Oyly Carte Opera Company. Popularised ‘Danny Boy’ and ‘Roses of Picardy’. Attended this school and lived nearby. Bristol City Council.
- Commander Harold G Lowe RD RNR (Retd), 1882-1944, 5th Officer RMS Titanic, Lived in this house (1931-1944). Conwy Town Council, Grwp Hanes Deganwy History Groun, Yn y ty yma trigai.
- Dr Mike Wilkinson, Appointed Actuary, Wit, Raconteur, Magician. Worked Here 2004-2012. Genworth Financial.
- Canon Hardwicke Drummond Rawnsley, 1851-1920. H. D. Rawnsley came to Bristol in 1875 as the first curate of Clifton College Mission. The mission was attached to St. Barnabas Church (now demolished) which stood close to this site. The mission was located on Newfoundland Road from where Rawnsley held Sunday services, set up a working men’s club and organised other activities. In 1878 he left Bristol to become vicar of Low Wray, near Windemere. A writer and campaigner for the countryside, Rawnsley co-founded the National Trust in 1895. Easton Time – Signs Trail. National Trust. Bristol City Council. autoinfusions.