The plaque itself is 800mm x 800mm and weighs 55kg – having impressive stature that not many others could undertake. Using the very latest casting and finishing processes, the plaque was cast out of solid bronze, and linished to achieve a mirror-like gleam on all raised portions.
Page Park is located in the Staple Hill area of South Gloucestershire, and it was donated to the people in 1910 by Arthur William Page. In the centre of the park is a pavilion known locally as the clock tower, because of the four clocks at it’s top. A drinking fountain was installed at the park in 1912, tennis courts in 1929, and a bowling green in 1948.
A remarkable history, that now has another addition with this stalwart plaque – which will surely stand the test of time for years to come.
It was a joy and a pleasure to work with South Gloucestershire Council and its contractors on this project.